Monday, September 23, 2024

extended summer

 Winter is coming… the first day of autumn was a beauty, but alas, our bonus summer drought has ended with some cold rain today. But gosh, what a run of nice weather! 


The weekend was spectacular, both the weather and the company! We went to the villetta on Friday afternoon with enough time to settle in and walk the dogs before Olaf & Steph arrived. I'm not sure how the time passed so quickly but the weekend was over before we knew it. 


Saturday, Kirsten, Steph, and I dashed out to Merrickville for a quick shop - I needed some specialty balsamic vinegars to keep my salads tasty through the winter (yes, that awful 6 letter word!). We ran into Mom & Dad who were on their way to Kirsten's. Once we were all back to Kirsten's, we had cake and then visited outside in the glorious weather for the afternoon. I felt crappy though (and not from having too many drinks the night before! I only had 1, honest!), so excused myself for a few hours of rest.


Then it was time to walk the dogs, go for a sauna and swim, and then get things ready for supper. Gosh, I'm not sure how the time passed so quickly but before we could blink an eye, it was midnight and way past everyone's bedtime!


Sunday morning was the usual: coffee at ours, a bit of breakfast in the house, and then we were on our way home :-) It was a great weekend! We need to commit to at least one weekend a year! Sadly though, we were down a brother, and hope that things get better for him soon.


I wish that I could say that I feel back to my ‘old self’, but unfortunately that is not the case. I've been feeling more and more fatigued which is not how I thought things would go - it's been over 5 weeks since radiation ended so I expected to feel energetic and healed by now - and certainly not getting worse by the day! 


I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is still effects from radiation, or if the tamoxifen is causing it. Or it could even be the change of seasons and the receding sun that is messing me up. From sleuthing on the internet, it seems that tamoxifen side effects can show up anytime/anywhere… there doesn't seem to be a pattern that is common to everyone. I'm not the best at giving myself grace, and honestly, I'm over it! Time to get my energy back!!! But… I will give myself a bit more time and maybe let myself off the hook for another while. I will keep up with the treadmill though - even if I have to dial the intensity back… 


With so many variables, I'm not sure when I should be pushing my way through the fatigue or accepting that I still have to take it easy.  I guess I kind of live in fear of a mood relapse… it's been a long time since I've had a hard time and I really don't want to go there at all!




Awesome!


“birthday gatherings”

“pool and sauna” 

“Snug in bed”

No comments: