Monday, March 24, 2014

A life spent making mistakes

Old movies were about all I managed yesterday (aside from heaps of clean-up). Three and a half light-hearted flics to be exact. I couldn't have ordered up a better way to spend my Sunday afternoon.

One of the movies, Summer Place, was an interesting peek into 1959 American society. It dealt with the subject of love affairs and teen pregnancy with a bit of alcoholism thrown in for interest. Another, Marty, was about an Italian butcher looking for a wife. There was a ton of stereotype character sketches - interesting. I wasn't sure if it was racist. Finally, "How to Marry a Millionaire", with Betty Grable, Lauren Bacall, and Marilyn Monroe, was a nice way to end my afternoon. I've seen it more than once, but it still entertains. What beauties they all were, and the clothes!

I did venture outside for a few minutes - there was a blazing sun, but it was still well below freezing. When is spring going to come? Which reminds me - we watched a flock of ROBINS hop around the yard, which is 2 foot deep in snow. Poor things - what will they eat? The spring is very late this year, we often have grass showing by this date.

DSCN4756

Today was another blazing sun day – the snow is slowly melting, but not because it is so warm out (it isn’t), it is due entirely from the strong sun.

When I was getting ready for the party, I tidied up a bit and stashed the extra “stuff” in out-of-the-way places… you can probably guess where this is going… I’ve been searching and searching for the little blue bowl that holds the dog treats. Where could I have put it? What safe place did I stash it in? I’m sure it will turn up in some unlikely hiding place one of these days :-o  Just like that package of velcro a few months ago that hid out for at least 6 months.

 

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. ~George Bernard Shaw

1 comment:

Brendon said...

We just have to be smart not to make the same little mistakes time and time again. http://www.21stcenturynews.com.au/7-common-mistakes-successful-people/