Monday, September 10, 2018

truer than true

We celebrated Pat's birthday yesterday. She came over for a supper of bbq chicken (done in the instant pot and then under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp the skin), our favorite rice, and roasted zucchini salad. Yes, we used some roasted red peppers!

I had struggled with the stand mixer in the kitchen in the afternoon wrestling out a cake and some buttercream icing. The cake turned out okay... it tasted fine but was a disaster looks wise. I didn't decorate. I am not my mother's daughter in this regard - she produces some lovely cakes.

The celebration was a good reminder to be grateful for all we have: health, prosperity, love.


One of the big complaints that I have with my waterproof camera is it's dismal battery life. I thought the battery had to be charged in the camera, but Carm found a battery with a charger on Amazon for an amazing price. It arrived today and charged up quickly. So now I am free to take photos to my hearts content. How many more photos of the dogs do you want to see ;-)

It is a dreary, cold, rainy day... if I had a gas fireplace I would have had the flame on for some heat and ambience. Alas, a sweater had to do.


"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
~Dr. Seuss


No comments: