Thursday, November 22, 2018

seasons in the sun or at least an hour or two

I'm writing this curled up in the sunspot on the sofa. Kabira is luxurating on the futon and Spike just left his sunspot as I think he was getting too hot. I can't seem to tear myself away from what has been a rare event over the last month. I feel the heat from the sun warming my spirit in a way that only it can do. Why am I so dependant on these rays?

The windows that scoop in the sunshine are perhaps what I love most about our house. The 'great room' has a 24' wall facing south and almost every inch of that is window.

Ahhhh... the pleasures


Last night we had Trudie and Leo over for a supper of Asian pork (what I was making yesterday in the instant pot). We see them often and yet the conversation never stops its flow. What do we talk about? Travel, the garden, the difference between gel nails and shellac polish (seriously), and so much more. Sometimes the conversation gets spirited but it is always fun.

It is officially winter now... my giant down-filled coat has risen from its summer shelter, out of the basement and outside. I trotted down the laneway this morning to open the gate for Carm, emersed in the black coat that engulfed me in comforting warmth; except my nose. My breath was visible in the cold (-11C) air.


"Every moment has its pleasures and its hope.” 
~Jane Austen


1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Glad you can enjoy the sun. I spent most of my life in cold climates and so really appreciate the warm climate (mostly) in FL. Curently we are having some cold spells but still no chance of snow:)