Wednesday, November 28, 2018

snow is staying

It is another dismal day... day after day the clouds have socked us in, draining all energy and will to do anything. Yesterday and the day before we had snow. It's TOO EARLY for winter!!!

I haven't been out of the house (well, I've been outside, but not in the car), since Sunday when I went into town to visit my Dad and Graham. I've been lazy and somewhat discombobulated and am having trouble on focusing on any task for longer than a few minutes.

The spare bedroom looks like a bomb has gone off. I had the big suitcase that stored some of our cruise clothes on the floor, the medium suitcase that had some of my overflow opened on the bed. Piles of clothes that I've gathered in the meantime on the desk. Yes, chaos. So yesterday I cleared out the big suitcase - we aren't bringing it - and put the two medium suitcases out so I could sort out some of the clothes. Carm's are neatly put away, at least until packing day when we'll make sure he has enough of this and that.

My clothes though... even more strewn around the room. I'm slowly trying on outfits to make sure everything fits and looks okay. That's the fun part, but I don't want to bore Carm so only tried on a few things before giving up and closing the door on the mess.

It's my second day in a row of my emergency meds... gotta remember to write down my pleasures.


Okay... lets wrack my brain to see what I can come up with...

It is not a pleasure that Kabira has been waking up in the middle of the night crying and having to go outside. Once back in she cries for ages. Is there something wrong with her? The snow is not a pleasure. The grey sky is not a pleasure. Needing to have all my sleeveless dresses tailored so they don't gape is not a pleasure.

This isn't going well. Must try harder.

Grace's chatter is a pleasure. Her little squeeks and peeps always brighten my day. The yoga pants that I got are a pleasure - they fit well and don't make me feel all stodgy. The down vest that cuddles me in my misery is a pleasure, as is the down blanket that I drape over myself when I'm cold. Spike running in the snow with his ears flying back always makes me smile.

I guess that will do. I'll try to change my focus for the rest of the day.


"But there must be some pleasure in condemning everything--in perceiving faults where others think they see beauties.'
'You mean there is pleasure in having no pleasure.” 
~Voltaire, Candide


No comments: