Tuesday, August 13, 2019

that which has been your delight

We’ll stick to cheerful topics today. I feel burnt out from all the death this summer and still have two more days of visitations and funerals to get through. I’ll focus on the positive and hopefully leave the sorrow behind at the end of the day on Thursday. We’ll have a bottle of bubbles chilling so that we can raise a glass to Carm’s mom and our canine friends, and to the future.


Yesterday I got my ‘big camera’ charged with its super duper sling strap so that I can try to catch good in flight photos of the red whirlwind. Adia goes nuts in the field and runs a million miles an hour so I have a lot of photos of green grass as she flies through the viewfinder before I can press the shutter button. Spike has figured out that standing still, or better yet, getting as close to me as he can is the best safety position as she zooms past.




Spike is recovering faster than I ever could have imagined. He’s been wanting to come out with us for our little walks around the field, and today even managed the big loop. He’s running around a bit and having some fun. His appetite has returned with a vengeance - he’ll eat until I stop giving him food. Of course he’s getting soft food that I spoon up for him. This morning he got the dried tripe kibble soaked till soft, mixed with some canned tripe. Only the best for my little naughty.


Oh, and he’s eating chicken hearts. Lots of chicken hearts. They go down without having to chew, he loves them, and they are a perfect pill pocket. Who knew that giving meds could be so easy :-)

I covered Adia’s big crate with a blanket the other day and have now “caught” her having a nap in the evil confines. I say evil only because when I lock her in and leave the house she goes bezerk - she’s quiet if I’m in the room. This is a behaviour that we somehow have to work out before camping, otherwise I’ll never be able to go anywhere. And to make it worse, all the barking and howling works Spike into a hysterical frenzy. It’s not a good situation.

They started work on our little bridge this morning :-(  Boo hiss, they are widening it (it’s currently a narrow one lane) and maybe raising the road. Hopefully it will be finished by mid October.


When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”
~Kahlil Gibran

No comments: