Sunday, August 4, 2019

invincible

I dragged myself out of bed for a while today; I had to get Adia outside for some exercise before she went squirrely! She did some crazy dog circles so it was none too soon.

Spike is under the weather - we think it is a tooth abscess as his breath is bad and he’s reluctant to eat anything other than chicken hearts. He has an appointment on Thursday for a dental but I’ll see if they are open tomorrow, which of course is a holiday.

Adia becomes more and more a part of our little family with the passing of each day. She has been excellent during the last few days, even though she isn’t getting the attention or exercise that she should be getting. Today I brought her into the camper - she needed a little coaxing to get up the stairs the first time - after three times in and out she’s an old pro. She was curious about everything in the camper and not afraid or spooked by anything. What a good girl! Her bravery grows by the day.

Here’s a few photos I took the other day… it’s time to get out my big camera to capture these fast shots.




She and Spike were hunting together the other day. Everyday they get along better, at least until yesterday when Spike started feeling under-the-weather. There were a few moments outside that he even looked happy.



O light! This is the cry of all the characters of ancient drama brought face to face with their fate. This last resort was ours, too, and I knew it now. In the middle of winter I at last discovered that there was in me an invincible summer.”
~Albert Camus

No comments: