Sunday, August 18, 2019

regenerate

Carm would normally have been off visiting his Mom on a Sunday afternoon and I would have been at home blaring music and dancing around.... instead golf is on tv…

The last few days have been regenerative. Friday night we had supper with Trudie & Leo, and her daughter Elennor and spouse, Gavin. Sitting in Trudie’s garden surrounded by flowers and bees (and the darn beer bugs), was a wonderful distraction from the week’s events.



Saturday morning I had a dentist appointment which turned out to be the dentist from hell (if ever I’ve felt like crying it was when I saw her in the office), but the rest of the day I played with the dogs and relaxed. Gosh I was tired. We were, however, excited to be going to see Ed & Lynne for supper.

Sunday I actually slept in… I snored and snored until a ridgeback nose poked me in the face :-)  Today was another day to relax and play with the dogs. We brought a crate into the camper and I spent time with Adia in the camper. She sniffed every single thing over and over, and then retired to her crate, happy to have a nap. Success! I’ll spend a bunch more time with her over the next month so she’s super comfortable.

We did take a trip to Giant Tiger, a local discount store, to look for a pair of cheapo crocs. Adia has taken a sudden interest in my shoes so I wanted a spare in case she wrecks one, but alas, they are out of stock.


The other day Carm picked up a 5kg box of chicken hearts & gizzards. It was frozen solid so I’ve been slowly melting it in fridge. Today we pulled it apart and put it into little bags to re-freeze. The dogs will have treats for a while… once we figure out if the hearts are what gave Adia wicked diarrhea.


Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .”
~C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Sounds like some nice days..not counting the dentist:)