Wednesday, September 11, 2019

reawakening

Last night we attended Carm’s mom’s mass. As usual, it was mostly in Italian so it left me with plenty of time to think and daydream. Probably 98% of the people speak very little to no Italian, leaving just a few people to understand the sermon - I find this odd. 


The mass meant that we missed Adia’s school last night - I wonder what she missed? How far behind is she going to fall?. We are at a slight disadvantage in that we have to drive to the village to get distractions - her heel down the laneway is almost perfect, but take it on the road and it all falls apart. I’ve been too lazy to take her elsewhere to practice.

I’ve fallen down on a few things like ‘give me your attention when I say your name’… 

Part of the delay in car rides is that the barrier that we ordered for the brown car is not being delivered, probably because the ^&*% dump trucks working on the bridge are completely blocking our laneway and actually, the whole road to get to our place. It is a royal pita as we are on our third day with the gate open waiting for deliveries. Gate open = dogs on leash :-(

I’ve been so lazy and anxious these days. I think it is normal light change mood blip so I’m not getting too worried, but gosh it’s a pain. Hopefully I’ll snap out of it when we go camping next week.

Pat came for supper on Sunday night so that we could have a small celebration of her birthday! I made ribs that we had gotten from Costco - they were the meatiest ribs that I’ve ever had. As usual the instant pot came to the rescue (cut into individual ribs, dry rub, 1 can beer, ribs on end on rack, 20 min, then NR, brown under broiler for 5 minutes).


A few days ago Spike perked up and started spending less time in the bedroom staring at the ceiling and more time with us. He is more animated and seems less depressed. He’s been spending time outside following Adia around (when she’s not going full speed), and seems to be wanting to make friends and not just tolerate her. He often runs over to be included when I get out the clicker. They’ve even laid down on the futon nearly touching - this is a big deal for him! Our fingers are crossed that he is finally recovering from the rocky summer: losing both his ‘sisters’ and a big dental surgery was hard. 



Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
~Helen Keller

No comments: