Tuesday, November 24, 2020

no swear sewing

 I woke up in a rage… whatever was happening in my dreams had riled me up until I was close to having somnolent outbursts. Not the best way to wake up, but I could see some blue sky through the little half-moon window. I got up and flung open the curtains. The snow was bright white against the winter blue sky. Glorious. My rage evaporated.


The rest of the day was good with no returns to my initial mood. I think the cbd is working for me - I did some sewing with no swear words! It might be a first 🤣 


We all ventured outside a few times, never very far from the house, always making sure to get out of the shadows (so long) into the sunshine. Sometimes I deeked out with just a flannel shirt and down vest. Tonight the wind was light. Stars sparkled in the dark velvet sky as we readjusted the coloured Christmas lights in the big spruce. It seems we’ve had to do some fixing after every weather event. They might be perfectly positioned now.


Potential bad news about the vaccine… it seems that Canada is pretty far down the list of countries to receive them… I guess you could look on the bright side though… there will be thousands of people getting them before us so they’ll be more robustly tested?


Have you seen the video going around of Trudeau speaking of the ‘great reset’? People are going crazy thinking it’s some nefarious message instead one of taking advantage of the slowdown to improve so many things. The conspiracy theories are out there in spades… they walk among us :-(


Photo challenge: can you see what is out of place in this photo of a work cubicle hallway?




“Happiness is the experience of loving life. Being happy is being in love with that momentary experience. And love is looking at someone or even something and seeing the absolute best in him/her or it. Love is happiness with what you see. So love and happiness really are the same thing…just expressed differently.”

~Robert McPhillips



answer: it’s a little apricot poodle foot sticking out under the wall!

No comments: