Thursday, November 26, 2020

racks

 We headed cross-country to a rural Walmart to pick up a new wine rack. The roads were wet and the air was heavy with moisture but since it was above zero we were A-ok. The pickup was great, we didn’t even have to enter the store. A few other quick stops and we were on our way home.



Just when I think my facebook group has coughed up the last new recipe a new one pops up on my feed. The latest harvest was for ‘garlic knot buns’... I figured this afternoon would be a perfect time since we were having soup for supper (that delicious buffalo chicken chili has been tickling my memory since I first made it!). The knots whipped up easily and before an hour was up they were in the oven. They were barely cool to the touch when we had our first taste - yum. Garlicky, buttery, fluffy, soft, pillows of carbs.


We are still eating at the table most nights - with music playing, the table nicely set and candles flickering it’s a nice break from news. I even dress up a bit most nights - nothing astounding but a change from my scrummy t-shirt. I’ve been going through my days in a deliberate way, or maybe mindful would be a better description. It’s going well. We’ve done just over one month since we put the camper away - that’s ⅙ of the way through winter!



The politicians are going on and on about celebrating Christmas in our households… our plans were to spend the time with family but we are leaning towards staying home. Who knows, things might improve between now and then (it is a month away after all), in which case we’ll continue with our original plans. Otherwise, I’ll do what I can to make the time seem more special - we’ll have Norwegian Christmas Eve, drive around the village to see the lights, open stockings in the morning, have Christmas morning wife saver for breakfast. I’ll make a turkey for supper. We’ll zoom with family.


What are your plans?



“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.'

No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster.”

~Dalai Lama XIV

No comments: