Thursday, July 8, 2021

itˋs about thyme

 I was out of the house again yesterday… first to Mom & Dadˋs for a short visit, then to FreshCo, a grocery store that is slightly on the dangerous side. Luckily it wasnˋt busy so I didnˋt feel like I was dodging Covid. We are slowly resuming old activities… masked of course.


Iˋve been harvesting heaps of herbs and including them in everything Iˋm cooking. Today I grabbed a handful of tender and fragrant thyme. Stuffing my nose into the bouquet almost buckled my knees in ecstasy. They were fabulous mixed in with garlic rice.


A few days ago I did a rough chop with handfuls of basil and parsley, then a spoon of chopped garlic and a smother of olive oil for a rustic ˋpestoˋ to add to burgers and sandwiches. 


Carm braved the wicked heat of the capiscum and chopped dozens of red Thai peppers to suspend in some oil. A small jar is stashed in the fridge, itˋs ruby red contents at the ready to add a teaspoon (or less!) to anything I cook.


Last night we had our first bacon & tomato sandwich of the season… oh, not from our tomatoes yet but it was still delicious. Strips of bacon, tons of mayo and a smear of pesto, on top of homemade bread - oh yeah baby!


Thereˋs a bit of rain coming down, much anticipated and wished for this week as the earth is crying with thirst. The forecasts had constant rain all week but the sky cried dry tears until now.



Awesome!


“the fragrance of a handful of fresh thyme”

"The same thyme stirred into rice"

"Shampooing my short hair"


No comments: