Monday, July 12, 2021

villetta visits

 We had a few days at the villetta this past weekend. As always it was a wonderful time with lots of laughter and visiting. The weather was even fantastic.


Saturday we had an outing to a nearby artisan village for some awesome gelato… I had lemon curd w blueberry and a chocolate mousse. Oh yeah baby! It tickled the taste buds in the most marvelous way :-)  The small cup had me reeling with sugar, I donˋt know how others managed the medium size!


After we were hopped up on sugar we wandered up and down the street, deeking into shops as we went. I havenˋt been out much for the whole pandemic so I was excited to be in the real world while at the same time freaked out by all the people… the village was crowded with tourists like us, getting out for a change of scenery on a nice summer day.


Iˋd like to go back on a weekday when the weather isnˋt quite so great as there were a few shops I would have liked to linger in. One had a plethora of necklaces - I have a bit of a thing for them. In another shop I saw one with a huge fern dangling from a black cord. Oh how my eye fastened on the glorious embellishment… Shenna was with me and agreed that it might be a bit big for me and that maybe if I were closer to 6ˋ than I am to 5ˋ it might have been a better fit. 


Shenna was perhaps a bit reluctant to insert her opinion but hopefully sheˋll learn that Iˋm not too sensitive and would way rather hear the truth! 


The dogs did well in the villetta - Adia wasnˋt crated once, even when we went on our outing. When we came back I peeked through the window and she was sound asleep… so not fretting too bad. Spike was mostly on his leash when we were outside - his hearing seems to be getting worse - he has trouble identifying where my voice is coming from. Sometimes he gets it right, but I figure thatˋs when heˋs somewhere where my voice has always come from the same place so he looks out of habit. Other than that he was perky and bouncy.


The keyboard on my new tablet is still massively irritating. How long will it take till my fingers are used to pressing shift 2 for double quotes instead of shift some other key that is by my right pinky?  And the at character - well, right now none of the keys seem to work if Iˋm in google docs…  so I couldnˋt write a url if I wanted to :-(  Why would a big company like Samsung do something so stupid?


Trudie & Leo came by this afternoon for a spur of the moment visit on the back deck. Carm had to move his chair around to get enough shade but otherwise it was a nice place for a visit.


Iˋm getting obsessed with thyme straight out of the pot.



Awesome!


“Grace telling us she was hungry for her breakfast - ˋare you hungryˋ she asked?"

“getting the motion sensor light installed on the back of the camper”

“having a nap when we got back home”

“the lemony creaminess of the gelato”

1 comment:

Merikay said...

[From Craig] What's a viletta? Dictionary.com doesn't know the word. Google translation in "recognize language" mode doesn't either. Typing it into Google search returns a lot of links about china (tableware not the country).