Sunday, July 18, 2021

rock on

 With a contented sigh I settled back onto the sofa, window to the laneway in eyesight. Company is coming! It will be another sibling night and Iˋm excited! Dust bunnies have been correlled and beds have been made, supper prep is done, a playlist has been made (oops! better charge my speaker). So we chill until the first car crunches down the laneway.


It seems crazy that itˋs taken so much time to get ready but I suppose the house needed more care than normal. And Iˋve pre-made much of the food… and perhaps Iˋve made too many things. But itˋs what I love to do :-)


Itˋs now Sunday afternoon and the house has that sort of silence that only happens after a bustle of people has filled the air for hours. Itˋs a bit of a sad quiet but also rejuvenating - the emptiness of breath leaves room for a renewal of spirit. The silence opens its arms to embrace me, luring me to close my eyes to dream about the next time.



Our celebration last night ended an hour into today - some went to bed earlier but the hard core celebrators stayed up. I donˋt know why, maybe the dynamic was better, but we stayed gathered around the island until it was almost time to go to bed. The island drew us close together as we threw our heads back in laughter and gyrated our hips to the loud music.


Our bums were numb from the stools and stomachs were full of munchies when we started gravitating to our respective rooms. As I lay down in bed I thought to myself that “Iˋm wide awake and will never fall asle. and I was out cold.”



The morning started slowly for most of us although Kirsten and Shawn snuck out early as they had plans for the day. Eventually, everyone else emerged bleary eyed from lack of sleep (the coffee machine worked overtime this morning). A swim soon seemed like a great idea - it wasnˋt long before we had a good whirlpool going - we had some energy at least! Breakfast followed and then after a leisurely digestion everyone was on their way back to regular life. And silence descended like a thick fog.



The dogs were exhausted today - Spike couldnˋt even make it to his little bed!

 


Awesome!


“the corner of the hayfield is thick with purple clover and white Queen Anneˋs Lace”

“Adia running over to dance with me”

“a clean house”

“listening to a few favorite songs as I built the playlist”

“Shawn & Olafˋs picks matching up with mine”


No comments: