Tuesday, April 12, 2022

and it keeps on being stressful

 Lupa is doing so-so… the vet suspected a seroma or an abscess so prescribed antibiotics just in case. She didn’t want to do a needle extraction as Lupa’s recovery is already stressed. This morning the swelling has mostly gone down except for one little spot… She’s also leaking a bit of bloody fluid… I’m worried that it might be a hernia caused by too much activity. But maybe I’m just being a worry wart.


Yesterday I went into the vet with Lupa (through much of covid we’ve had to wait outside) and was pleased to see her interested and friendly. She was happy to see the vet tech as well as the vet so it couldn’t have been too traumatic for her :-) It’s clear that they treat their patients with kindness.


Today she’s been in her pen all day except for a few short trips outside and is obviously tired of just lying there as she’s trying to toss her toys around - I’ll go in with her and hold her bone for a few minutes in a while. Once the bloody leaking is finished I’ll put her in her onesie for a bit while I’m sitting here to supervise. 



If she does full front and rear stretches almost to the ground does that mean she’s feeling no discomfort? Her last painkillers were yesterday.


Oh gosh, I am stressed out like crazy.


Carm meanwhile has been outside edging the front bed and raking tons of mulch over it. It looks good! He’s changed the oil in the snowblower and a myriad of other things. More productive than me by 100%. 


I’ve done nothing the last few days - between staying close so Lupa doesn’t stress and feeling so so tired and bluck, I’ve not got the energy to do more than scroll through endless dog posts on facebook.


(just popped out to open the slides on the camper! There are tons of beetles to vacuum up but I’ll go back out when Carm can keep the puppy calm).


Later: she’s figured out how to chew the bone with the cone on!

and now she’s tearing apart the towels…  I stuck her in her onesie for a little while so she can chew her bully stick...



Awesome!


“warm enough to go outside without a jacket or even flannel shirt”

“opening the slides on the villetta”

“tulips poking through the grass”

“freshly mulched flower bed”


No comments: