Sunday, April 3, 2022

freedom

 It’s 5pm on Sunday afternoon; we are curled together on the sofa, Lupa up against me, Carm at the other end and Adia on the loveseat. Fareed is playing on the tv as we chill from a fantastic afternoon with Jo Ellen and Don. I feel slightly sleepy and content, a nice segue from anxiety that has been through the roof lately. Today was no different, but the distraction of company gave me respite from the horrible feelings. I wasn’t sure I would make it to company arrival as I broke down crying a few times, but I thought of others in my family with challenges and kept going.


It’s Sunday so we had a traditional Italian lunch of pasta with a ragu sauce and a side of meatballs and pork riblets. Carm’s crostini played center stage.



But the fun didn’t start today… no, we had a lovely supper and evening with Trudie & Leo last night. Lupa was along for the fun and was reasonably well behaved, but does have a fixation on Pepper the cat! She’s figured out how to get down the steep wood steps when she ‘ends up’ upstairs. I watched her bounce down step by step as if she were an old pro.



The field has dried out enough to take the dogs out to play - they run and run, Adia obviously at the front, little Lupa trying her best to catch up. It brings a smile to my face and a laugh to tickle my tonsils. Freedom!



It was sunny yesterday but we suffered through another gloomy day today. Oh to see a few days of sun!


I’ve got to look up more music by Jon Batiste. I like ‘Freedom’ which spoke to me - lots of dancing and singing seems like freedom to me!




Awesome!


“friends”

“Lupa cuddled on my lap”

“ragu from our own tomatoes”

“Freedom”

No comments: