Friday, April 8, 2022

beginning sniffaries

 There are buds on the lilac that’s snugged against the south side of the house; the goldfinches have shed their drab winter garb to reveal brilliant yellow; the bright white snow… what! That’s not a sign of spring! Thankfully the overnight snowfall was gone by mid morning, leaving Lupa looking for a patch of snow to pee on.



The grey skies sapped my energy like they usually do, so I fired up my little speaker with my favorite playlist. Carm escaped to the car for some sort of task, something to do with maps. Adia is asleep and Lupa is feeling well enough to chew on a bully stick (her mouth must feel okay after having all those teeth removed). I’m building my energy to do some prep for Olaf & Stephanie’s visit tomorrow. 


I could say that Carm helps but that means that doing all these things is my responsibility so instead I’ll say that he is a strong participant. His domain is the crostini which he has mastered. Oh, a bit of baguette, a slip of oil, and a rasp of garlic create crisp disks of yumminess.


I’ve taken Lupa out for a few ‘sniffaries’ where I try not to rush her along, but instead let her engage her doggie senses. She has to be on leash for 2 weeks so we’ll be doing lots of these… good for me to help learn patience as I’m one for fast walking and getting things done! Once she’s a bit better I’ll also practice commands with her to help tire her out. She is a dog used to operating at top speed so it will be a long 2 weeks! I don’t remember Bella & Kabira’s spays but I’m pretty sure we didn’t go to great lengths. But they were used to being crated all day so perhaps they were more chill.



Dogs are so good at taking everything in stride. She’s wearing a tight sweater that only leaves her head, legs, and business parts uncovered but she’s not fussing and she’s being quiet in the pen (we’ll see how many days that lasts!).


With a bit of spare time this afternoon I scrolled back in my blog to when we first got Lupa… post after post I drone on about her… sorry!



Awesome!


“snow melting by noon”

“my speaker”

“late afternoon sun streaming down the hall”

“wild thunderstorm with rain coming down in buckets”


No comments: