Sunday, April 17, 2022

hazy lazy days

 Happy Easter!


Days and days have passed since I last wrote, some slightly in a stupor and others just with overwhelming exhaustion. Why? Who knows, but I’ve gone through this before, just not in a few years. It’s not depression but thinking back, if I don’t give myself a bit of a break, I’ll slip that way. Today I’m gathering the energy to make a turkey roll in the instant pot for Sunday supper with Pat. I would have loved a ham but alas!



Lupa is finally recovering well but still needs to be kept quiet. Ha ha! Her pen is looking bare as I’ve had to remove her bed as well as all blankets and towels. It’s like a prison cell except for a few toys. Right now she has her first chicken foot - I don’t think it will last much longer (it lasted 15 minutes) as I can hear crunching. It’s high on the gross scale… no, it’s VERY high on the gross scale!




She had to be in the cone for a few days but otherwise has been in the onsie - a blessing as she’s able to chew and play a little bit. She hasn’t been off leash for over a week now!


We had a family gathering on Friday and Mom made a fantastic turkey dinner. She pulls it off with aplomb where I struggle to get everything done at the right time. I need a complete project plan with a minute by minute breakdown to get dinner on the table! We were all together except for Nissa who is studying hard at uni. After a dearth of gatherings through COVID it is nice to be able to get together again.



Awesome!


“the scale slowly descending into pre-covid numbers”

“Lupa quiet with a chicken’s foot”


No comments: