Friday, April 29, 2022

boosted

 Technology is a bit of a bug boo for me today… I’m running out of space on Google so have to figure out how to back up the photos on my phone before removing them from Google photos - don’t forget that if you remove a photo from Google it will also remove it from my phone - boo hiss! It can be done but there is a certain amount of drudge work to get the job done, especially when I look at some of the emails that I could also delete. Well, and I better investigate what happens to my blog when I remove photos! I guess I know what I’ll be spending the next few days doing!



The sun shone strongly today with a bit of a cool breeze. Nice! After an outing with both dogs to a mostly empty parking lot to practice walking on lead together, I rounded them up for a trip into the camper. It was Lupa’s first time inside and gosh did she sniff! She was everywhere snuffling things up. I wondered if she was following mouse tracks :-( 


We’ll spend a bit of time every day out there, plus I’ll start feeding them some of their meals out there to build a really positive connection with the villetta. We might even do an overnight or two.


in the camper


Speaking of overnights, last night was Lupa’s first night sleeping on the bed with us. Carm took her outside before he came to bed as we hoped sleeping with us would cut out the middle of the night fussing to go outside, and it did :-) She was pretty excited at first but did eventually settle down and go to sleep. A few more nights and she’ll be a champ.



Yesterday we went to the Pet Valu to pick up a ‘booster’ seat for Lupa cause she’s not spoiled or anything. ha ha. With the new seat we can remove the wire crate from the back of the car to make room for Carm’s golf clubs, and Lupa gets the benefit of being able to look outside. We’ve done a few short trips with it and she seems pleased. Spike would have loved a seat like this but he was far too big for anything store bought. In the back of the truck I had a large heavy pillow arranged so he could look out the window but it didn’t always work out well. But he did manage to look out the window for much of our trip out west in 2013! (oh gosh I miss him!).


We didn’t do a whole aisle in the Pet Store on a loose leash but did get several steps! I’ll take that for the win :-)


Wednesday night Trudie & Leo came by for a simple soup supper. I tried leaving Lupa loose for the greeting and I think there was a bit less barking… this needs more practice!



Awesome!


“getting the dogs to walk on leash nicely for a few steps”

“Lupa learning the steps to the camper quickly”

“getting the villetta set up for some driveway camping”


No comments: