Tuesday, May 3, 2022

felling trees

 It was raining off and on this morning which is unfortunate for Carm who was on the links for the second time this year. The wet doesn’t do Lupa any favours either - the long hair on her legs tangles and mats when it gets wet and needs combing every day - it may have to be chopped off.



Sunday was Lupa’s 28th week/7 months. Her weight has been steady at around 14 pounds for the last month which is the ideal size but she still has a few months of growing. She graduated from her crate to sleeping in the bed a few nights ago with the hope that she’d break the habit of going outside in the middle of the night. It worked for a few days but alas, last night she asked at 3am… Not ideal.


Yesterday we celebrated the 35th anniversary of our first date! Gosh, the time flies but at the same time it seems like a lifetime ago. Life has been good to us although there have been the odd curveball thrown our way but I think those unexpected challenges build resilience..


I’ve been going through my Google data, deleting as I go. The photos on my phone have been backed up so that as I remove photos from the cloud they don’t disappear forever. What a gargantuan task though! 


Yesterday I deleted thousands of emails - ancient emails that I’d never need. I started removing photos but honestly, I found it very hard to remove photos of Spike (of which there are a fair number). It felt a bit like erasing him. I can’t yet.



On Sunday I stood in the backyard with my cellphone in hand while Carm cut down some trees. Its hard to see trees go but we have a plethora of the leafy beasts. After the chainsaw work was done we released the hounds from their jail and they went crazy running around the felled trees. Lupa had two cases of the zoomies - she’s hilarious to watch as her little legs blur trying to keep up with Adia. 


Carm finished bucking the trees up yesterday (I half heartedly helped toss the whooshy branches into the brush pile). I was sad to see the copse of 4 trees gone, but they were shading the pool. He brought down 2 others that also were shading. We’ll see what we do with the rest of the trees on the south east corner of the house later in the summer.



Awesome!


“that first bite of KFC”

“catching the odd glimpse of the fox”

“finding deals on facebook”

No comments: