Tuesday, May 17, 2022

greenhouses

 On Sunday afternoon, after weeks of being on the verge of something bad with little spurts of mania to keep me going, I started to feel better and it’s continued on to today! I feel fine! Oh, I don’t have gobs of energy but have scads more than I did the last few weeks. This swing of misery seems to happen every spring but maybe this year it’s a bit shorter. I’ve learned through trial and error to just go with it and not force too much activity - the litany of ‘I should’ doesn’t help.


Hurrah!


Now I have to watch out for a swing in the other direction…



We had Trudie & Leo over for a bare bones supper Sunday night. I was already feeling much better so managed to get supper on the table without too much trouble, although Carm did help. At one point Lupa jumped up onto Leo who doesn’t really care for dogs. I leapt up to get her off but he waved me away and proceeded to give her a little cuddle :-)



We’ve been in the pool multiple times since Carm opened it but alas, the weather has turned to cooler days and cold nights so our pool days are over for a few days. I can get into the icy water when it’s hot out, but am not as inclined to freeze on a cold day 😱 


Monday, after Carm’s golf game, we went shopping for plants. I don’t have a clear idea of what I need for pots so just picked up a few flowery things. Thai basil and Italian parsley were nowhere to be found. We’ll have to continue the quest as those are the two plants that are must haves. I got so much pleasure harvesting herbs and the Thai basil has the added bonus of beautiful purple flowers. 


It looks like our favorite apple tree has ½ died…



Awesome!


“the riot of colours in the greenhouses”

“first smell of summer”

“a glimpse of baby robins in their nest”

“the awesome flight of swallows”

“drunken noodles”

“helping Carm unload the grocery haul from Costco”

No comments: