Saturday, May 14, 2022

polar plunge

 “Oh, what a beautiful mornin'

Oh, what a beautiful day

I've got a beautiful feelin'

Everything's goin' my way”


I needn't say more. The sun is shining and it’s near summertime temps at 10am this morning. Glorious!




We’ve had one outing with both dogs which was a sh?& show at first. Eventually Adia settled down so they were easier to manage. Another time I had Lupa at the Foodland parking lot which went well (after a while). I think I need a better plan on how to teach her not to pull. I go between methods which may or may not help. At the beginning she’s usually too high threshold to take treats, but maybe if I brought the best ones out with me.


Friday we had lunch at Trudie & Leo’s, with Lupa in tow. Since we were outside she had to be on a leash but she was great and kept herself occupied for the whole 3 hours. At Mom & Dad’s yesterday she also tricked people into thinking that she’s a good dog, but little do they know!



And that, my friends, was on Monday… a full 5 days ago! A glum anxious mood obliterated all thought and feelings, other than the glum inability to do anything other than stare into space while nibbling emergency meds. During these times I’ve learned to not fight my inertia as it doesn’t help and only brings more feelings of worthlessness when my drug bathed body fails to perform. 


Reading helped yesterday. I started a book that I’d bought ages and ages ago - way before Lupa - that was about a miniature schnauzer named Atticus who is not at all like Lupa.


There’ve been no more doggie outings as the sun is blazing full force the last several days. It’s 32C today! Carm opened the pool on Tuesday (after a full game of golf) and his timing couldn’t have been better. We jumped into the polar waters on Thursday, a record setting splash. It was a chilly 19C. This morning it was 22C when I went for the first time. Nice. All this nice weather is not going to last but gosh it’s good while it’s here!



I’ve had some manic bursts this spring which is not unusual - last year my project was sewing webbing leashes, collars, belts, etc… - this year my material of choice is paracord. I’ve already made a nice grey leash (you’ve seen photos), so last week I braided 3 multi coloured leashes to go with their new collars. Obsessive? Yes.



Awesome!


“the perfection of the morning”

“the blue sky on a sunny day”

“the moment of peace”


No comments: