Sunday, May 14, 2023

first swim!

The emerging flowers on the lilac are clashing beautifully against the bright blue sky - it’s perfectly placed outside the window of the living room with a view from my little hollow in the sofa. I get to gaze and imagine a summer of colour and blossom, scents filling the air, a break from the austere environment of winter.


Everywhere I look there are blossoms - the wild crabs in the pasture are cloaked in white petals, the apple trees have dainty pink flowers and the chocolate trees are fully embelished in white. Tulips, wild strawberries and dandelions also vie for attention. And we can’t forget the grass which is already growing at a ferocious rate, it’s greenness almost overwhelming.


Sunlight is filtering through the leaves outside the house, changing the light from bare white to a sunny green, creating a feeling of being in a forest glen. I love the feeling this gives me. A peaceful easy sort of feeling!


When Carm isn’t golfing, he’s been hard at keeping the grass in check - he’ll be a muscle man before the month is out! 


We had our first swim on Friday!!!!!!! Same date as last year, same temp - an icy 20C/68F. We dipped in yesterday as well, but last night was cold so it dropped to 16C/60F - no swimming today!


I finished both the books I was reading and downloaded another one about mindfulness. I should probably hold off on this new book for a few days to give myself time to think and hopefully apply what I learned in the other two books - I sure hope I retain what I’ve learned!



Awesome!


“a visit with Dad”

“first swim!!!!”

“a swallow swooshing through the air doing acrobatics”

“new cookies”




No comments: