Thursday, May 11, 2023

not chocolate turtles

 With ‘Peaceful Easy Feeling’ by the Eagles playing on my little speaker I stepped out the door to the back deck to enjoy a beautiful morning that borders on summer. The only thing that keeps me from jumping in the pool is the icy 60F water! (update: by the end of the day it was up to almost 64F… getting closer to swimming temps)


Green day has come and gone almost without notice. Everything is so slow this year it seemed like the trees would never green and then suddenly the Earth has cloaked herself in chartreuse robes embellished with tiny buds of yellow, lilac and pink. 



Last night was Lupa’s 5th class - she’s doing great! Last night there was no barking and she even got to play a bit :-) Her sits/downs/stays are great although we do have to clarify that sit means stay even when I step away from her side - we’ve done lots of practice where she automatically moves with me but that might have been a mistake! Her loose-leash walking is a work in progress - she can do several steps but when I reward her she bounces ahead again - so back to square one with that for a bit.



Yesterday I spent the day in town visiting with Kirsten and Dad. Kirsten and I took a little trip to Value Village which is a bit of a treasure quest! I lucked out on a beautiful blue & white vase with a dragon on it :-) Blue and white pottery brings joy!


Tuesday Kirsten and Nissa dropped by for a quick lunch! A lovely last minute surprise :-) Luckily the house was already clean and the table set for supper so I had lots of time to throw together some food. Later, Trudie, Leo, and Marie came over to celebrate Leo’s birthday.


I’m going through a little phase of not writing, or even thinking about writing, but I hope that will pass and my muse will return… perhaps all the rain of the previous month(s?) has sapped my creativity. But I won’t throw in the towel just yet.


Carm’s been tearing up the golf course, getting back into the groove of hitting the ball. I’m lucky (ha ha) enough to get a blow by blow, stroke by stroke, reenactment of the round. His persistence and dedication to get up before the crack of dawn is impressive :-)



I’m reading 2 books at the moment: ‘Mating in Captivity’ and ‘Tiny Habits’. Both psychological

tomes about behaviour. I’ve also been watching lots of podcasts by Susan Garrott about the same topic - you’d think with all this reading my life would be perfect but alas!!! 


There have been five turtles hanging out in the pond - the biggest is at least 45cm long! There are 2 medium sized ones and two ones the size of a dessert plate.




Awesome!


“lunch with Kirsten & Nissa”

“lilac buds”

“walking around the property looking at all the flower buds”

“dandelions everywhere”

“Lupa doing some really great stays at school”

“email from Edna saying that they’ll be at the reunion”

No comments: