Wednesday, May 31, 2023

heatwave

 Last night was our second agility class and the verse that best describes it is: ‘When she was good she was very very good, but when she was bad she was horrid!”... At the beginning of class we warm up with ‘restrained recalls’ where the instructor holds Lupa back and I run and call her… well, as soon as Louise crouched down to hold her, Lupa flopped onto her back and got all crazy with her. 


And then when she did finally focus on me, it was just for an instant before she was zooming over to the other dogs. She didn’t go right up to them but held back a bit (which is a good thing). (when she was bad she was very very bad!)


Next were some jumps - we started with just one and miraculously she even progressed to jumping over two in a row! Even a few with me sending her to a dish with food. She went over the A-frame like a champ, hardly hesitating at all even for her first time over. The tunnel went well even when I sent her in with no one at the end calling her. Louise thinks she’ll be a great agility dog cause she’s so brave and smart :-)


I’ve got a bit of homework this week!


Bella loved agility and would get excited just on the words! Spike did some agility too but he wasn’t stellar as he wasn’t particularly brave when it came to his own personal safety.


It was wicked hot in that little field with no shade - too hot even for mosquitos!


Yesterday we popped into the village for a shop at the nursery AGAIN! This time we picked up 3 more flowers to stick into the herb planters and 2 hot pepper plants for fun. Everything is settling in well. Carm ordered a shade cover for the pergola - once that is up we’ll bring out the rest of the deck furniture and be ready for entertaining :-) 


I was reading back in my blog to see what we were doing a few summers ago; I can’t remember what year it was but I didn’t swim until the end of June!!! The lowest temp I’d get in was in the mid 70s… this year my limit has plummeted to mid 60s! (F).  I’m turning into a Beluga whale!


(note to self: got a haircut on Monday with Pamela)


The headlamps that I ordered from Amazon came yesterday - OMG - I’ll have to be careful not to be too close to an airport or I’ll have planes landing on my head - that thing is bright and will be perfect for dark walks with the dogs when we are camping :-)


We had supper at Trudie & Leo’s again Monday night - I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with me but we’ve hardly had people over for supper for months. The last few weeks (since the ice storm), we’ve been pretty busy so at the end of the day it’s all I can do to get some random food on the table… after the Titanium reunion, languid summer days will stretch ahead of us, perfect for entertaining.




Awesome!


“becoming a beluga”

“plants settling into their new digs”

“Lupa attacking the A-frame like a champ”

No comments: