Friday, June 2, 2023

the villetta is home

 It was just past 12:30 this afternoon when we arrived back home with the villetta. After the last step of unhitching the truck from the trailer we breathed a huge sigh of relief! The new leg works and the new suspension seems to be suspending just fine! The villetta is home with plenty of time to prepare for the Ti Reunion next week.


the old ‘spring’


As soon as we were unhitched we ‘released the hounds’ from the house. I think it was their 6th time of being loose in the house - so far so good, EXCEPT the video shows intermittent howling… which isn’t ideal in a campground… with the heatwave breaking tomorrow, I’ll have a chance to practice them in the trailer locked into the bedroom - hopefully the small, dark space will be more conducive to resting and not freaking out the whole time we are gone… 


The sweltering, record breaking heat wave, descended on us several days ago - yesterday it almost reached 35C. The heat has warmed up the pool to the high 70s which feels positively balmy after last week’s mid 60s swims! I had my first outdoor shower Thursday 🤪 That’s a sure sign of summer!


The new plants are quickly settling into their new beds and shooting new leaves out and the arugula seeds that I planted are sprouting. A few of the plants from inside got some sunburn :-( I should have protected them better.



I love puttering on the back deck, wiping furniture, watering plants, and then dunking myself into the cool water. It is pure ‘peaceful easy feeling’.


Tonight I made supper from a meal kit that Marie dropped off for us - it had all the ingredients, including spices and sauces, so I just had to chop the bok choy and cook it all up. Easy peasy and delicious!




Awesome!


“Amazon notice that the last part has been delivered to Benson’s”

“getting the villetta home”

“relaxing mornings”

No comments: