Wednesday, June 28, 2023

discombobulate

 It’s been over a week since I last enjoyed our little backyard oasis… I was away at the villetta until Saturday and since then the weather has been unsettled with afternoon thundershowers forecast and days of smoky air. The weather hasn’t stopped us from using the pool but I haven’t pulled the covers off the furniture since last Tuesday. 


I had a lovely few days with Kirsten and the girls. The weather was nice (hot) so we got to have some lovely suppers on the patio enjoying the sunsets before the mosquitos drove us inside. The dogs were reasonably good but there was some frustration with getting them to potty in a reasonable time… other than that, I left them loose in the trailer or if I was going away for an extended period I’d stick them in the bedroom. Much better than last year when I had to crate them if I left for even 5 minutes!


We’ve taken ‘advantage’ of the crummy weather to make a few shopping trips. Sunday we went to liquidation where I found a ‘Miracle’ bathing suit which was an actual miracle in more than one way… first, I found it in a huge box (think 3’x3’x3’) piled with hundreds of other random suits in mostly tiny sizes. The second miracle is that it fit and makes me look reasonably good. It might be the extreme plunging neckline that takes attention away from other areas!


Monday we trekked into the city to visit Ikea and Lee Valley. We also made a quick stop to see Maria & Jack, Carm’s sister and brother-in-law. I don’t think we’ve seen them since the beginning of covid! Ikea was a mecca of interesting things to look at and of course I came out with an armful of stuff 😱 


I browsed around Lee Valley while Carm got in line to get a package of nail brushes… the hardware (knob, handle, etc.) selection is out of this world! I could easily spend $1000 on new knobs for the kitchen and living room cabinets!


We didn’t linger anywhere as the dogs were loose so we wanted to get home in a reasonable time… as it turns out, the dogs were left alone again Monday night while we joined Trudie & Leo for supper. They are doing okay being loose, however the video shows a certain amount of crying and howling. Lupa doesn’t settle well yet.


We are still eating the meals that I prepped… and the drunken noodles with tofu turned out okay, but over salty. Next time I will marinate the tofu in less fish sauce with a bit of water added.


Yesterday I spent the day wishing for a rain cancellation of Lupa’s agility class - I was feeling discombobulated again (that’s 3 days now this week), in fact, I have been feeling slightly off since mid-rally. I’m sure it’s just a ‘normal’ swing but I wish it was over. This morning when I was frozen with anxiety I made myself get up and made a blueberry muffin cake. Of course I put some music on. It helped (a bit).


Well, the rain never came last night so Lupa’s school carried on. She was sometimes good and sometimes lost all attention and I was no help at all with my addled brain!


I made brisket tonight… it was tasty and the bbq sauce was ‘da bomb’ but now the smell of it is making me feel ill.



Awesome!


“chilling with Kirsten & girls”

“morning walk with Kirsten & Nissa”

“coffee in the trailer”

“getting home and seeing my honey”

No comments: