Wednesday, June 7, 2023

over prepared

 For the umpteeth time I scrolled through my task list, this time I checked off the last few things for the trailer (mayo anyone?) so now we can sit back and relax until tomorrow morning… tell that to my brain though!


The last week has been a huge push to get the trailer road ready. I may have ‘over prepared’! Certainly we are ready for almost anything! Today I cooked a batch of Korean bulgogi beef (in the airfryer this time - wowzers!), bacon-wrapped eggbites, roasted zucchini salad with sun-dried tomatoes. Yesterday I made a second batch of rhubarb cookies and a batch of chocolate chip cookies.


In the ‘olden days’ when we first started rv’ing we’d be out at the campgrounds as soon as they opened. We’d hit up Poplar Grove mid April and then the next weekend we’d go to a semi-local KOA. We don’t venture out so early anymore so this year our first trip is the annual Titanium Reunion/rally in Kingston.


Trudie, Leo, and Pat joined us for supper on Monday night. It was an early night as Trudie is still recovering from a bad heat-stroke, but Pat stayed a bit longer to watch an episode of ‘Picard’ with Carm. She came early for a run-down of what needs water, etc. while we are gone - she’ll be manning the fort here with Grace :-)


Fires from northern Quebec are polluting our air with thick smoke. It’s been terrible with the air quality the worst it’s ever been.


Lupa’s agility class was cancelled last night due to the smoke so we’ll have 2 weeks to practice what we’ve already learned so she can shine! I’ll have to take advantage of camping time to build up some behaviours :-) Speaking of camping time - when we were outside re-loading the front of the trailer, I had the truck door open - after a few minutes I started looking around for the dogs - they were nowhere to be seen! Except… they were bouncing around in the backseat waiting for us to get going! I think they are keen.



Awesome!


“almost ready!”

No comments: