Tuesday, June 13, 2023

new old friends

 It did rain on and off yesterday but we managed to have fun anyway ;-)  We started the morning early, getting out for a few walks before 10am. It was planned to be a bit of a rest day but we still went around the loop a few times…


After we settled the dogs into the front of the camper, Carm and I drove to the outlet mall for some retail fun. The Columbia store came through again for us this year! I got two pairs of lightweight pants and two fantastic black flowy tank tops - I may drive over there again for another one as I find it nearly impossible to get something that fits well. Carm got a golf shirt. (update - we did go again!)


The group was huddled underneath Andy’s tent when we arrived back so I was able to ask about the dogs… apparently they howled for a few minutes and then were reasonably quiet. They are probably too exhausted to howl!!!



The rain was coming down hard so everyone disbursed for a while until the rain let up again. Mark came over for a quick visit and then we joined the group for an afternoon of laughs. We were in and out of the trailer but the dogs stayed settled with very little barking, and that was with them loose with windows and screen door. Actually, Adia didn’t bark at all, just the yappy little grey dog! And only when another dog went by. Since her favourite spot to hang out is on the back of the sofa looking out the window, she sees every single one :-/


Supper was late and after that we hunkered down for some quiet time and an early night.


The rain was supposed to last into the day today, but I could see blue sky through the skylight this morning :-) It’s a gorgeous day so far! (I’m writing this part at 11am after spending some time outside at the coffee gathering, and then I zoomed the vacuum around and washed the floor… we have company coming this afternoon :-)


… later in the day


Colleen, a friend from Grade 9/10 high school came by for a visit this afternoon! We haven’t seen each other for over 2 decades but after a few minutes of catchup, the conversation flowed… it was wonderful, but at the same time just a bit sad that I’d missed out on all these years of friendship. We promised to at least make this an annual event :-)



After Colleen left, Carm and I took the dogs for a walk and then hitched a ride to Doug & Sue’s cabin on the other side of the park for a cocktail hour - it was great fun :-)  I left a bit early to get home to the beasts - it was their supper time and I knew they’d be a bit more anxious with us gone.


Now I’m waiting for Susan to come back for an instant pot demo! But I’ll post this before the rest of the fun begins :-)



Awesome!


“gathering under the tent out of the rain”

“an easy to make supper after an afternoon of visiting”

“the dogs are doing so much better than I hoped”

“another trip to the outlets for more tank-tops!”

“new old friends”



No comments: