Saturday, June 17, 2023

Home sweet homes

 We’re home! We left the rally Thursday morning about 10am and after an uneventful drive and an easy setup (even the satellite was easy!), we were settled at Kirsten’s place for another summer. It felt a bit like coming home :-)


After last year’s fiasco with mud up to our axles, I was stressing a bit about getting into our little grove on the farm… everyday I tracked the rain and made calculations in my head about how much muck there would be… would the ground be too soft? Thankfully, the ground was springy but firm so it was an easy pull in. We even got ourselves pretty level!


Mom and Dad came to Kirsten’s for lunch and birthday cake, I did have to deek out of the gathering for a little while as my brain was in overload and I was starting to get anxious with all the chatter - for the last day and a half at the rally I was in the same muddle - I won’t be sad to have a day or two to decompress… (I napped on the sofa for over an hour yesterday afternoon!).


I was pleased to see the peonies still in full display. A few of the early blooms are looking like used tissues but the majority are in their prime so I’ll get a few days to enjoy them (assuming we don’t get a deluge!).



The rally was great fun - it was so lovely to see everyone again :-)


This morning it is 15C with a heavy, overcast sky and perhaps a bit of forest fire smoke. The cooler temp didn’t stop me from jumping in the pool after I took the dogs out! It was 20C/69F but oh, so refreshing :-)


I had plans to practice some of our agility skills with Lupa during our time in Kingston, but alas! I’m not sure if I was put off by our dirt site or just unmotivated, but I’ll have to get cracking this weekend so she’s ready for class on Tuesday night! She did get lots of practice seeing other dogs, but I’m not sure if she got better or worse with that…



Awesome!


“no mud!”

“an easy setup including the dreaded satellite”

“seeing everyone at Kirsten’s”

“getting home”

“my peonies!”

No comments: