Saturday, December 9, 2023

Old wild men

More grey skies today… fitting as Kirsten had to send Murphy, their English Cocker spaniel on his way to rainbow bridge. He turned 16 yesterday. Anyone who has lost a beloved dog knows how sad it is to lose them no matter their age and also knows that the loss sometimes squeezes your heart so hard the tears can't help but flow.


Monday it will be 2 years since Spike went on his final journey… that was such a hard day… most of the time I can look at his photos with a loving remembrance, only tinged with sadness, but today the sadness has settled into my heart, as sadness has touched the hearts of Kirsten and her family. Hopefully it won't be long before it eases into loving memory.





Murphy and Spike were only a few months apart in age, and I envisioned a few years of the ‘cousins’ enjoying each other's company in a doddering old way… now they can be together in our hearts only.




When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

- Kahlil Gibran


I really have no excuse, but the last few days I've been so lazy! I’ve had no motivation to throw flour and sugar around to dance some cookies in and out of the oven! I have looked at the list of cookies I've made in years past but haven't even decided which ones to make… For sure I'll make shortbread and gingerbread. And also the cherry filled ‘topsy turveys’, perhaps the chocolate crinkle cookies, and probably the serinakakers too. I love the aperol spritz cookies and the cardamom cookies too, so if I get really motivated… 


Christmas is bearing down fast so I'd better get busy! Only 16 days! 



Awesome!


“birds finding the feeder”

No comments: