Thursday, August 8, 2024

what the heck

 I thought that today I would be ecstatic and happy, but instead, I've been tired and depressed or maybe not depressed but demoralised. During this whole journey I've kept myself focused and positive, pushing myself to eat healthily and exercise… I've had the goal of getting through treatment the best that I can and that there was an end in sight but today, the reality struck - there is no end. What was once a dim hypothetical is now a sure thing. I got cancer, I could get it again, and maybe not be so lucky next time. 


I'm sure I just need a few days to recover from treatment and get my head around life going forward. I need to reengage my drive for healthy eating and then focus on increasing my fitness. But most importantly, I have to get back to being more mindful and to living in the moment.




Awesome!


“Carm driving to the pharmacy for me”

“an hour on the deck”


“all the support from you! Thank you for being there.”

No comments: