Thursday, February 6, 2020

countless manipulated photos

I’ve picked my favorite photo editor: Snapseed gives me the functionality of Lightroom plus a whole bunch of other tools that are fun to play with. It is slightly addictive so be prepared to be inundated with countless manipulated photos.




We were expecting a big blizzard, but again Environment Canada’s dire forecast was overstated. So far. In fact, the heavy snow has dissipated to nothing. There were some flakes when I went outside with the dogs for a play earlier, but nothing when Adia and I went out to practice ‘on by’ with a bowl of food. 


She wore her new collar to school last night - it looks lovely but is hideously noisy! Part of it is the dangling id tag - I hope to find a leather worker that can rivet a halter tag to the collar. The leash is nice, but slightly too big for my hands - narrower would be better but there isn’t anything to be found either on Amazon or at the pet store. Maybe someday I’ll spring for a leather one.


The gentle snowfall has made for a quiet day with not much activity. I’ve spent a fair amount of time with Adia and Spike practicing some skills, and some time with the photo editor practicing other skills. A few coffees and teas have kept me warm… well, that and the hot flashes…


Spike slept up against me again last night - it seems that his time alone when we take Adia to school makes him clingy. I feel bad for the little noodle as he was always the favorite, getting to go and do all sorts of things, but now he’s just an old dog staying at home. I should maybe take him to Gramma’s house on Saturday.  (right now he’s asleep on the futon not far from me, I mentioned Gramma and he didn’t even wake up). What else can I do to cheer him up?


Some things are hard to write about. After something happens to you, you go to write it down, and either you over dramatize it, or underplay it, exaggerate the wrong parts or ignore the important ones. At any rate, you never write it quite the way you want to.”
~Sylvia Plath

No comments: