Saturday, February 29, 2020

beautiful winter day

After a day spent somnolent on the sofa, today I bustled around the house cleaning and prepping for supper. Cathey and Jim are coming tonight - we don’t see them often so like everything to be nice :-)  Carm did the manly task of vacuuming and washing the floor, while I did the easy stuff, like cutting onions and making bread.

With the bulk of the tasks out of the way, I strapped on my snowshoes and ventured into the glorious day. No clouds to mar the sky and enough wind to make my eyes tear. Were they tearing from the wind, or could it have been from appreciation of the intense beauty that surrounded me?

I stopped a few times to take photos, while Adia ran around happy to stretch her legs. 


Yesterday I didn’t venture outside at all, not because the weather was bad, but because I’d forgotten to take my meds the night before so I felt sick and drugged all day. Gosh, what a dummy!


Carm has discovered SnapSeed and is having fun fixing up photos from our Mediterrean trip. I’ve been addicted for a few weeks!


Inside myself is a place where I live all alone
and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up.”
~Pearl S. Buck

No comments: