Saturday, February 22, 2020

snowshoes

It is a glorious day with a soft blue sky and enough wind to remind me that it’s still winter. The snow has a crispy kind of crust that comes from melting in the sun. Mid morning, and again mid afternoon, I strapped on my NEW snowshoes and did a short tramp. I’ll admit to being shockingly out of shape from the somnolent winter. No treadmill and deep snow has kept me from exerting myself. But, I got out there for a few minutes and reveled in the sun.


The new snowshoes are the modern kind with sleek metal rims and awesome bindings that take seconds rather than frustrating minutes to get on. I love them. 

As is usual with technology, the transfer from my old phone to the new one was not without pain. All my apps and data migrated with ease, but when it came time to test Google Play Music… none of my playlists were seen, including the one that I’d created in the cloud on my old phone. I used CXFile explorer and could see that the files were all there and looked to be non-corrupted, so, out of desperation, I downloaded the music player I once used to double check and yes, playlists were all there and working fine.

I couldn’t find anything online to help with my problem so I guess I’ll go back to using the old app and skip Google. The old ‘you can’t get there from here’ scenario.

Last night we had a great dinner with Trudie and Leo. Of course I had to try out the camera on my new phone:


Adia was good again, and I suspect the shock she received from Pat is the reason. She mostly stayed away from the table when we ate, and only came over to the sofa area once or twice. The rest of the time she was in her crate or the bedroom. Talk about a strong aversive reinforcement!


Fourteen! years ago we were downsizing our herd of Fjord horses, or maybe I should say zero sizing. It was a gut-wrenching process feeling the sands of my dreams slipping away, but reality sometimes gets in the way of dreams. 


We had four foals that were less than a year old to find homes for. You can’t tell from the photo as they were at that furry, awkward stage, but they were good quality horses. Fiorgyn, the one in the photo, went to a lady in the US who, when Fiorgyn was old enough, bred her to a nice stallion. She had a lovely colt that was shipped to New Zealand to be a stud.



How we need that security. How we need another soul to cling to, another body to keep us warm. To rest and trust; to give your soul in confidence: I need this, I need someone to pour myself into.”
~Sylvia Plath

No comments: