Thursday, February 20, 2020

when time stands still

There is no better way to make time slowdown than to expect a delivery of something you are somewhat excited to receive. At 9:30am I checked the FedEx site to see that my new phone was out for delivery, which put a kibosh on our other plans for the day. With fingers crossed for the parcel to arrive soon I sat down to wait. And wait, and wait…

Finally at 3pm, when I had almost given up, the truck rumbled down the laneway and soon I had the red rectangular box in my paws. Make that two red boxes… bluetooth headphones were in the 2nd box.

The giant glossy electronics were almost lost in the pile of packaging (did I really need such a big phone?) - and the packaging - way over the top - how fancy do they have to make it? Once unearthed, it was quickly plugged in for a fast charge before I make it my own.

It’s got a ‘fast charger’, but it seemed to take forever (I’m not a patient person) - finally it was ready so after getting Carm to insert my old sim, I fired it up and got started. Yee Haw!

After a quick phone call to make sure that function works (it is a phone after all!), I initiated the camera. Nice. These are straight from the lens, except for a resize. It’s got 3 cameras so it will surely do the trick for me :-)  Oh yeah, a new gadget to play with! If there is anything that will flip my mood it’s that.



somebody needs their nails trimmed!


Adia’s class last night was good. It was mostly a review of what everyone had already learned - all the other dogs had a few months since their last class. Some of our review was spectacular, while some showed a giant hole in my training. I’ve got to practice and practice a focus sound, and ‘leave it’ should be better too.

I almost forgot! We were up early to make our fall camping reservations :-)  Summer is on the horizon.


“I felt dumb and subdued. Every time I tried to concentrate, my mind glided off, like a skater, into a large empty space, and pirouetted there, absently.”
~Sylvia Plath

No comments: