Friday, January 7, 2022

pride and enthusiasm

 The flurry of snow falling from the sky yesterday almost kept us home (I’m a big chicken with winter driving), but I knew I needed to get out so we got in the car. As it turned out, the roads were fine and the sun came out! 


We had to go to Winchester to get some Moonshine for making an infusion, then we stopped at the grocery store for a few random items. Not an exciting outing at all, but a change of scenery none-the-less.



I made a veggie driven minestrone this afternoon and of course made enough for 8 or more servings! I guess we’ll be eating soup for a while (and thank goodness for freezer space!).



Awesome!


“crisp bright air”

“watching Grace chow down on a giant plate of food”



“People seem able to love their dogs with an unabashed acceptance that they rarely demonstrate with family or friends. The dogs do not disappoint them, or if they do, the owners manage to forget about it quickly. I want to learn to love people like this, the way I love my dog, with pride and enthusiasm and a complete amnesia for faults. In short, to love others the way my dog loves me.”

― Ann Patchett



No comments: