Friday, May 9, 2014

a certain step towards falling in love

We looked like two elephants lumbering around but we made our best effort to learn the “Sweetheart” step of the Cha Cha. To say it is difficult is an understatement. Luckily I had my camera along to videotape the move (not the YouTube shown though), and this morning we tried and tried to work it out. My brain draws a big blank when it tries to put my feet anywhere other than a basic walk step! One of these days I’ll set up my camera and post a video of us to YouTube so you can all have a laugh.

We do have a good time, despite the tripping, and we tried hard not to look at the young couple that is so good! I do wonder if the instructors feel exasperated with us.

 

20140507_083622-spike-run

The weather has been nicer, with more sunshine and warmer temperatures. Unfortunately I had my camera colour set to vivid in the photo with Spike, but honestly, the grass is almost that green. Some of the trees have tiny leaves which looks like a green mist clinging to the branches. It isn’t full-on, everything in leaf yet though.

Camping is closer on the horizon – one week today and we’ll be on our first camp! Carm got the hitch into the truck today, which is a crucial step; I’m slowly getting all the “stuff” loaded back, next week I’ll load up the food and the basics will be done. My to-do list is still pretty long though.

 

 

To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love. - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

We took some ballroom dancing lessons many years ago. All I can remember is that it was not pretty:(