Sunday, December 11, 2016

new adventures

The after motion has abated, but the glow of excitement has been rekindled. Why? Friday we got together with Jo Ellen and Don to book a Mediterranean cruise for the spring! We are both super excited about this - Carm will finally visit Italy. We also visit Spain, France, Greece and Turkey (today Turkey is cancelled and some other Greek islands are added).

It has taken me several days to recuperate from the Caribbean; I wonder how long it will take for the next trip? Or the one after that? I have to figure out a way to get a little more rest, including some quiet time by myself. I love all the socializing, but it wears me out.

Spike started squinting Friday afternoon and it was quickly clear that he has another eye infection. The first was last May but we didn't have any antibiotics left so it was another trip to the vet. Dr. Shackleton gave him a thorough examination and sent Spike home with a little bottle of eye drops. I wished that my doctor gave the same service. I expect that it has something to do with payment (how much does a human doctor get for a visit like this?).

I must remember to visit the vet clinic before our next trip and give them the go ahead for a certain amount on our account, just in case something happens. It doesn't need to be a catastrophic event to require a trip to the vet: eye infection or impacted anal glands require a visit as well.

The laundry from our trip is done, and much of it is refolded and packed in either my suitcase for NZ or the suitcase for the Med. Crazy I know, but this way we'll keep a set of clothes in new condition, and not slightly worn out and faded. Plus, why put everything away just to get it out a few weeks later? There are a few things I won't be bringing with me to NZ (formal dress being one of them), and a few extras for wearing around Kirsten's farm. It is just slightly over 1 month until I leave.

Last night we attended Laurie & Kevin's annual neighborhood Christmas party. She had her house beautifully decorated, setting the stage for a wonderful evening. I enjoy everyone's company so much and wonder why we don't see them more often.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
~Marcel Proust

No comments: