Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Botanical Gardens and a few other days

The days are whizzing by - just 3 more full days until I board the plane for home - the day I arrive home shows up in the 7 day forecast. Suddenly time has started going faster and there doesn’t seem like enough time to do everything or get my fill of everyone.

This morning I got up early and went into town with Kirsten when she drove Nissa to school and Shenna to a picnic. Once everyone was dropped off we parked the car beside the Botanical Garden and got walking. The gardens are beautiful with flowering plants and greenery. We first walked to the rose garden, had a coffee and bagel at the cafe, then toured the begonia greenhouse. All lovely.



The sun was out and our sweaters were off as we walked up and down the hidden paths in the garden (it seemed to be more up than down), enjoying the natural surroundings that were punctuated with giant banks of hydrangeas. We got to the car just as Shenna finished her picnic.



The gardens were quite busy with people from the Princess cruise boat that was in the harbour. Funny to see the blue and maroon cards swinging on lanyards around people’s necks.

The previous few days were cloudy, windy and cold. Not very nice weather for doing much other than hanging around the house in sweaters.

The cold night on Monday prompted Shenna to make a Pavlova - a yummy floaty dream of meringue.



It was a busy day yesterday we did get some Dim Sum and I hit up the souvenir store. Later in the day Kirsten and I walked along Oriental Parade road, admiring the harbour while we waited for Shenna and Nissa to have their dance classes.

One of the days I helped Kirsten with some fencing - the wind was gusting and I thought I might be blown over as I balanced on the edge of the hill. I didn’t though.

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: