Wednesday, September 13, 2017

each golden day

The music is playing over the camper’s surround sound system, except some of the speakers aren’t working - either they weren’t set up right, or the blueray is not setup to recognize them, or perhaps the music from my phone isn’t configured right. It doesn’t matter: there is music (I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away…)

My duster has been flying over every surface. A summer of inactivity followed by a bumpy ride to the campground which shook every dead insect and bit of dirt from the top of the slides has left us pretty dirty. For those not familiar with slides, they stick out (with their roofs) when we are parked, but come inside when we are driving so the roof is inside spewing detrus.

We haven’t been here for a year so it was a bit of homecoming. The pets were excited to be going camping - even Grace didn’t waste a second coming out of her cage to get into the carrier for the ride here.  

I wonder what the dogs think when we get going on a trip. Do they think we are going to Alberta again and that they’ll spend days in the backseat? Do they wish for that adventure? Or are they happy to go somewhere close and familiar? I suppose I might ask myself the same questions.

It’s been so long since I last wrote that I can’t remember much of what we did, and certainly not in chronological order.

Oh, here’s my song: the Eagles ‘Peaceful Easy Feeling’. It’s a song about a relationship so all the words don’t jive, but I love the refrain. Peaceful easy feeling accurately describes those good moments of contentment that I treasure. They are sometimes elusive so I’m sure to make note of them when it happens. PEF is a feeling that I try to memorize so that I can reproduce it when I need to. Haven’t gotten that good yet but I keep trying.

Okay, back to the last week. Sunday, after a busy day of getting ready for camping, we took Pat to Sol de Acapulco for her birthday supper. Trudie & Leo were there too so it was a bit of a celebration with decorations and cake. Pat seemed to have a good time.


Saturday we went to the Russell Fair for the Craft Beer fest. We tried a few different kinds and tasted some that we’ll track down in the future. We met up with Pat and two of her friends so we sat with them. A young man came up to Carm at one point and introduced himself. He was the son of someone Carm worked with for decades. It was nice to see him and his 2 year old son, but sad to know that Leo had passed away 2 years ago from smoking related illness. He never got to see his grandkids...


Monday was a whirlwind day with haircuts and then a trip to the city to look for tummy tucking underwear for me and a grocery run to Costco. The camper fridge is full of healthy vegetables.


Now, here we are, in our usual spot that gets full on sun, living in our villetta with sun across the board on the weather forecast for the next week. It’s showing a high of 29C for my birthday :-) Wowzers!




Each golden day was cherished to the full, for one had the feeling that each must be the last. Tomorrow it would be winter.”
~Elizabeth Enright

No comments: