Thursday, October 14, 2021

a straight face

 I’ve been watching ‘Schitt’s Creek’ while I’ve been pounding away the miles on the treadmill. I’m on the 9th episode and it is quickly growing on me. The characters are all pretty funny while being slightly unlikeable although as time is going by in this fictional town they are growing on me. Especially Dan Levy… he rarely keeps a totally straight face - I can’t tell if it’s his character or if his face is moulded from a lifetime of laughing. Regardless, he makes me laugh and laughter is always a good thing.


I said yesterday that temperatures had turned more seasonal but I was wrong, at 22C it’s actually pretty warm for mid October. 


The warm temps don’t hide the fact that winter is looming over the horizon. It’s time to adjust my thinking that hibernation is a good thing. It seems that we might be clear enough of Covid to avoid a long winter's lockdown and have some friends in the house.


We spent a bit of time outside this afternoon… picking mushrooms which may or may not have been poisonous. We weren’t taking any chances with gobbleguts Adia!



Awesome!


“gorgeous orange tree at the end of the laneway!”

“outside without a sweater mid October”

“caramelized onions and apples”

“laughing at someone’s inability to keep a straight face - remember Carol Burnett and Tim Conway?”

No comments: