Saturday, October 16, 2021

smarty pants light the way

 We ventured into the wild west yesterday… Liquidation was busy and my first inclination was to turn around and drive back home. Instead I reminded myself that we’re vaccinated and that likely most people in the store would be too. Plus there’d be masks; like upside down lone rangers wandering the badlands we’d find the lost cattle, errr treasures. So, in a frenzy of shopping withdrawal I piled the cart full of stuff while deeking around people who seemed to plant themselves in the middle of the aisle. We made it out of there hopefully covid free and with lighter wallets.



One of our finds was a giant baking sheet which we thought would cover a whole shelf… if only we had a commercial sized oven! I don’t know what we’ll use it for - perhaps as a serving tray for canapes for 70 or more people! Or maybe for making huge spruce bough table arrangements. Which makes me wonder if I’ll do the same tableful of greenery at Christmas as last year when I cut down a whole forest of trees!



Our Amazon delivery yesterday was two smart light bulbs. We can control the colour and brightness of the lights which will be a fun diversion in the depths of our long, dark winter. It’s a dark dreary day today with lots of rain so we’ve got them shining their brightest in a warm white.


Speaking of light bulbs… of 3 dictionaries consulted two had it as 2 words, one for 1 word.


Awesome!


“glitter of raindrops on green leaves”


No comments: