Friday, October 8, 2021

ruddy complexion

 I’m waffling on my purchase… sure, my tummy is satisfyingly full of warm, slightly crispy indented goodness, but do I really need a trip down maple syrup lane? I’d gotten the waffle inserts for our handy Griddler with the intention of making two particular recipes - healthy recipes. Alas, the one for tofu didn’t work out. I haven’t tried the potato one yet.


I made the second batch of waffles this morning using a different recipe. It was touted as being the crispest in a long post about the ins and outs of making the best ever waffles. It’s a yeast batter so I made it yesterday and let it rest in the fridge overnight. Unfortunately I think I put double the salt… so! I’ll have to try again ;-)



The weather has run the gamut during the last week. Grey days of rain with the odd bit of sun thrown in to keep me out of my bed with covers over my head. Today it’s sunny and with favorite music blasting I’m happy (or at least have moved on from doom and gloom).


So that was Wednesday… it’s now Friday and the weather is still SPECTACULAR! So lovely that I’m going to forgo my time on the treadmill and spend a bit of time outside. I’m a bit pressed for time today anyway since I helped Carm put in a timer for some lights yesterday… it took way way more time than I anticipated and since I had a lot of tasks planned for the day I got behind.


We did have a lovely supper last night with Pat. It almost felt like the olden days when we weren’t so scared about everything, although I did try to keep some distance which can be impossible. Adia was thrilled to have company… we’ll have to work on some manners. Of course when the company pets and pets… ;-)



The plants are settling into their new winter digs… meanwhile, our house is overrun with boxelder beetles. Some may have come in with the plants but I think millions are coming in through the downstairs patio door. Our house is not as airtight as we thought!


The landscape is painted with reds, oranges, and yellows - Nature’s ruddy complexion before a season devoid of colour.


We were going to spend the late afternoon sitting outside in the sun with a little bit of island music playing, but alas, the nasty Asian beetles with their giant biting jaws drove us inside.



Awesome!


“fluffy waffle batter”

“hot waffle with maple syrup”

“getting another section of Spike’s face clipped”

“the sun on my face”

“a cloudless fall sky”

“orange leafed trees against a brilliant blue sky”

“Adia didn’t chase the chippy when we walked down the laneway!”

“the villetta”

No comments: