Friday, February 25, 2022

a prayer

 The snow was coming at me hard from the east… my icers were on, but on the snow covered areas the cleats got packed with snow so there was no grip; on the glare ice, where the wind had whipped away all traces of snow, they kept me upright. 


What a day to have a puppy that has to go out every 15 minutes after her breakfast. 


We picked up 2 slow feeder bowls for the pups. Adia usually downs her supper in about 45 seconds, with the bowl it took her 10 minutes! Lupa enjoyed her challenge as well.


We have been watching too much of the horrors in the Ukraine. I can only imagine (and unfortunately spend far too much time doing so), what it must be like to be in Kyiv waiting for the Russians to come.


Awesome!


“stepping into a warm house after being out in a blizzard”

“knowing we have nowhere to go today while the blizzard rages on”

“Dad’s soup”

“kneading bread dough”



“I won't let you go! I love you, Dog!'

'There will be other dogs and friends, and loves' whispered the Dog. 'You have found your family, your heritage, and you have earned a high place in the world. I love you too, but my time with you has passed.”

― Garth Nix

No comments: