Monday, February 14, 2022

I've got the music in me

 The clouds parted, letting the sunshine leap into the tub as if on cue as the first notes of music billowed from my little speaker. Ahhhh… the combination lifted my spirits in a way that hasn’t happened in over 3 weeks. I haven’t had any music playing since we got Lupa and I’d forgotten the zing of excitement triggered by a favourite song.



On Saturday we were blessed with a centimetre or two of snow to cover the treacherous ice that was created by the unseasonably warm weather followed by a flash freeze. I had dug out my ‘icers’ for trips out with the demon but I’m happy not to need them anymore. It’s been brutally cold but the sun has shone with force.


I never thought I’d say it (although I hoped desperately that it would come true) - Lupa is getting better behaved by the day. After 3 weeks of constant mayhem things are ‘starting’ to calm down. Oh sure, she and Adia play like crazy (and are doing so now), but Adia is getting better at staying lying down and hasn’t been flailing her legs quite so much (hold that thought - I’ve just put her in her crate for said exuberance). And now she’s gone berserkers.


But it’s better. I’m not sure if the pivot was Saturday night when she kept chewing the same thing over and over again and I flipped out on her, scaring her a bit. Maybe I made an impact in her little devilish brain. (hold that thought - she was just chewing the little carpet beside Adia’s crate).



She is getting noticeably bigger with more grey showing through the black. She’s pretty darn cute and doesn’t look like a schnauzer at all.


She’s starting to ‘resource guard’ me which will have to be nipped in the bud.



Happy Valentine's Day! Do you do anything to celebrate? For years now we’ve more or less passed over the day as if it were any other - are we jaded? I don’t think so, but when you try to make everyday special (at least until our life was taken over by a grey whirlwind), it doesn’t seem as important to mark just one day. We did manage a sit down at the table for dinner with Lupa in the puppy pen not even making a peep!



Awesome!


“the clouds parting to expose a vibrant sun”

“finding just the right thing on FB marketplace”

“a few hours of puppy naps in the morning when I feel crappy from forgetting to take my meds the night before”

“Carm taking care of puppy while I sleep in”

“snuggling Lupa under the covers for a few minutes in the morning”

No comments: