Wednesday, February 23, 2022

icers again

 The icers are back out of the closet. Several hours of freezing rain have glazed everything with ¼ inch of ice. Oh the joy’s of winter!


I think I’m going on 5 nights of uninterrupted sleep! Lupa is still getting mainly chicken and rice and I have started adding kibble, a tablespoon at breakfast and lunch yesterday. I’d love to get her onto proper puppy food so that she’s growing strong bones etc. Hummm… I wonder if I should add a tiny bit of ground egg shell to her meals so that she’s at least getting some calcium.


Trudie & Leo came by for a bit of a visit and some Lupa socialization. She barked for a minute or so but was soon eating chicken out of Trudie’s hands. A good sign.


Adia had her mani/pedi with a new groomer yesterday. Laura was competent and got the job done quickly, bonus that her place is just 5 minutes away. She does other grooming but at this point I plan on doing Lupa myself. I’m having a go at ‘hand-stripping’ which may or may not be working out well. I don’t need her to have a proper schnauzer style - a bit scruffy will do. I’ve got the grooming table in the living room so it’s easy to pop her on every day for a quick brush or scissor trim. I do most of the stripping while she’s asleep in my lap. A bit of a hack job!


Everyday things are getting easier with her, although she got into everything while Carm was watching her this morning, including 2 pee accidents. But things like sitting at the door and waiting to eat are improving. ‘Leave it’ is a work in progress, made harder by having to use high value chicken as the lure. A piece of kibble would be easier!


It seems my posts drone on and on about Lupa, but seriously, she is the only thing happening in our lives right now!



Awesome!


“knowing the icers will give me firm footing”

“icy coated branches”

“puppy asking to come up beside me on the sofa for a nap - this is a double awesome: she’s wanting to cuddle, and even more awesome, she’s asleep!”

No comments: