Friday, April 7, 2023

gone are the dark clouds

 We are blessed with sunshine and above freezing temps today. I suppose everyone without power would prefer below freezing - Stephanie buried her freezer stuff in a snowbank - the only reason to be glad for this damn snow that is sticking around! Photos are coming up in my memories that show bare earth ‘on this day’. In fact in 2021 the garlic was already up a few inches! It’s still under 2 feet of snow!


It’s the winter that keeps on giving…


This song came up in my playlist this afternoon, I consider it an anthem of sorts :-) Because today I can see clearly :-)  It’s a great song from the 70s! Hopefully I haven’t gone too far in the other direction but I’ll worry about that later.


I can see clearly now the rain is gone

I can see all obstacles in my way

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

Oh, yes I can make it now the pain is gone

All of the bad feelings have disappeared

Here is that rainbow I've been praying for

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

look all around, there's nothing but blue skies

Look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies

I can see clearly now the rain is gone

I can see all obstacles in my way

Here is that rainbow I've been praying for

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day


Songwriters: Johnny Nash


While I was chatting with Kirsten today about dogs and dog breeds, she mentioned not wanting a dog with as much energy as Lupa… which given my months of angst about her makes sense. However! I should be writing more about how awesome she is becoming to make up for all the puppy trash talk! 


We are well past the puppy stages and still a bit in the naughty adolescent stage (she’s 1 ½ years old), but she has settled down tremendously. Around the house she’s almost perfect and rarely gets into trouble (although she did chew a dog bed the other day). She is often cuddled up against me or in my lap. She chews her bones quietly and has a few favourite toys that she plays with. There is less rambunctious playing in the house with Adia.


Tonight she was on my lap while I rested my bowl of pasta on her back :-) I can have a bowl of food beside me on the floor when we are playing ‘games’ and she won’t bother with it. It’s not like she isn’t food oriented though - a word from me and she’d gobble everything.


Her recall outside is pretty good unless there’s a really big distraction like a squirrel. We do have to work on loose leash walking and of course there’s the big problem of dog reactivity, but I think that’s going to work out with some more exposure (although she may never be great with Kirsten’s chihuahuas). 


After all those months of horror (made worse by my grief from losing Spike), I wouldn’t trade her for a better dog cause I think she is the best dog now :-) Just like that lady in the pet store said - the white witch who helped me to see the dog in front of me and her potential. If we put the effort in I think she’d excel in many dog sports - I see agility in her future, and maybe even rally-o if I can get my act together. She’s quick and keen.


It’s the Master’s golf tournament this weekend so guess how much golf will be on TV this weekend 🤪 Thank goodness for awesome headphones!



Awesome!


“peaceful easy feeling”

“the right song for the right time”

“geese in our springtime flood lake”

“Adia and Lupa”

“laughing on the phone with Kirsten”

No comments: