Sunday, August 6, 2023

a plan and more waiting

 We’ve been blessed with another gorgeous summer day… not super hot (okay, not hot enough!), but pleasant for sitting outside reading. It’s been a lazy day with only the washing machine doing any work, but that’s okay as I needed a day chilling outside, a trashy book as a distraction.


Friday and Saturday I was almost paralysed with anxiety - my chest was tight, squeezing so hard it was difficult to breathe, doom was my companion. I did all my rescue tasks but nothing really worked. I’m pretty good at compartmentalising but sometimes emotion breaks through… Yesterday was the peak but the weather was meant to be perfect for entertaining, so I invited Jo Ellen and Don for an afternoon lunch, but I still needed a big ugly cry before I felt like I could go on again.


Of course it was lovely to see J&D - it had been far too long - how has the summer passed so quickly? I mentioned that the weather was perfect (it was) for relaxing outside. Lunch was a simple bacon and tomato sandwich on focaccia (yum), along with lemon orzo salad and some fried zucchini rounds. I forgot to add the basil to our sandwiches.


I’ll back up a bit…


Wednesday was another day of bingeing ‘Ted Lasso’ - I was so disoriented by the time I picked up Nissa I hardly knew what was real or what was fantasy. I can’t wait to continue!


Thursday I went with Mom to one of her appointments - it was a grey day and a bit cool (I was wishing that I’d worn long pants as my bare knees were chilly!). I was tired from a late night at Kirsten’s so didn’t accomplish much after I got home. (that’s my excuse anyway! This summer has been a mix of busy busy and slothlike lounging).


Thursday also had us watching the skies for tornados - our city has had 3 tornados this summer - unheard of! It used to be rare to even get one. We didn’t get hit but we were ready to take shelter. No more trees came down.



Awesome!


“cicadas”

“a rafter of turkeys on the front lawn (more this time)”

“finally seeing Jo Ellen & Don”

“tomatoes from the garden”

“shower from the hose”

No comments: