Sunday, April 21, 2024

sugar high

 I spent a few hours in the kitchen today trying two new recipes… it has been a while since I’ve made something new as I've been subsisting on a combination of beans and vegetables for weeks! The vegan Swedish meatballs and red cabbage salad both turned out great and will become regular visitors to our table. It's always a bit of a ‘crap shoot’ picking new recipes - I had mixed feelings about the cabbage salad… Carm baulked at it… and then tried it - I had to drag him away from the bowl!



Yesterday we traipsed across the countryside to Kirsten's for an afternoon of celebrating Shenna's birthday. I brought cardamom buns made into little ham & cheese sandwiches (I ate 2!), and of course there was cake! A beautiful gelato cake. I haven't had much sugar in the past 6 weeks and my gosh, talk about a sugar high! And then low… It may have been a coincidence, but the sword of anxiety slashed my guts afterwards. Could it have been sugar related?



The weather continues to baffle… spring arrived very early this year with lots of above normal temps, but for the last few weeks we’ve been having unseasonably cold weather! The tulips are retreating back into the earth, not literally of course!


Watching the last quarter of the last Lord of the Rings movie… brilliant! I will admit to tears… they really drag the sadness out! How awesome is it that my brother-in-law has his name in the credits!



Awesome!


“birthday parties”

“red cabbage salad”

No comments: